18. Finca Los Primos Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina £17.50
Lifted red and black fruits on the nose. The palate is full and fresh, with an appealing, juicy fruit depth and a long, cherry finish.
19. 16 Stops McLaren Vale Shiraz, Australia £19.50
Youthful and vibrant Shiraz, with a lovely dark fruit and spiced plum character. It is ripe and silky, giving the wine a texture that is unusual at this price.
20. Montes Limited Selection Casablanca Pinot Noir, Chile £23.00
Pale, ruby red, with a clear predominance of strawberries, raspberries and a ripe, silky finish.
21. Gran Sasso Montepulciano d’Abruzzo, Ortona, Italy £19.50
Clean, fresh and plummy on the nose; rich, supple and accessible on the palate. Balanced and full-bodied with good tannins.
22. Viña Chocalan Carmenère Reserva, South Africa £25.00
In Alvaro Espinoza’s own words “this Carmenère is among Chile’s best” and I couldn’t agree more, It is full bodied with vibrant fruit and great length.
23. Viña Izadi Rioja Reserva, Spain £27.50
This blend of Tempranillo and Graciano is partially aged in new American oak. The result is a wine of great personality, with fine tannins, layers of flavour and a long, elegant finish.
24. Kim Crawford Pinot Noir, New Zealand £28.00
Perfumes of sun-ripened strawberries and cherries. A fresh, youthful style of wine with a supple structure and juicy fruit on the finish.
25. Mitolo McLaren Vale Jester Shiraz, Australia £30.00
Mitolo vineyards were formed in 1999 and have jumped from young vintners to wine perfectos. This jester won gold at the international wine challenge and by tasting you will understand why!!
26. Goats do Roam ‘Goats do Roam’ Red, South Africa £20.00
Fresh berry and lavender with subtle spice notes make this a truly lovely Rhône-style South African red.
27. Jean-Claude Boisset Bourgogne Pinot Noir ‘Les Ursulines’, Burgundy, France £30.00
An excellent value Burgundy, with juicy red fruits and a touch of spice.
28. Allegrini ‘Palazzo della Torre’ IGT, Veneto, Italy £30.00
One of the wines that has made Allegrini world-renowned; velvety with ripe, juicy dark fruit, silky tannins and refreshing acidity.
29. Fontodi Chianti Classico, Tuscany, Italy £34.00
From one of Tuscany’s top producers, – beguilingly elegant, offering perfumes of cherries and fresh red fruit that mingle with spicy, peppery notes.
30. Montes Alpha Colchagua Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile £28.50
A wonderfully intense wine, with aromas of blackcurrants, black pepper and cigar box, a complex palate, racy acidity and a lingering finish.
31. Château de Vaudieu,
Closerie de Vaudieu Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rhône, France £43.50
A stunning example of what this well-known region does so well – berry, liquorice and black pepper on the nose, ripe tannins with cassis and herb characters to finish.
32. Santenay, Jean-Claude Boisset, Burgundy, France £39.00
Intense perfume of black cherries. On the palate it is concentrated, with vibrant red fruit character, good weight and a long finish.
33. Chateau Larose Perganson Haut-Médoc, Bordeaux £39.00
Plenty of flavour and complexity. A very long lasting finish with great finesse.
34. Domaine Dominique Gallois Gevrey-Chambertin, Burgundy, France £54.00
Concentrated berry fruit with a smoky intensity, fine, ripe tannins and a long, lifted finish.
From the glass
59. Alpha Zeta ‘C’ Corvina, Italy
175ml: £4.00 / 250ml: £5.00 / Bottle: £14.95
Full and fresh with an appealing, juicy fruit depth.
60. 16 Stops McLaren Vale Shiraz, Australia
175ml: £4.75 / 250ml: £6.50 / Bottle: £19.50
Youthful and vibrant Shiraz.
61. Montes Limited Selection Casablanca Pinot Noir, Chile
175ml: £6.25 / 250ml: £8.25 / Bottle: £23.00
Strawberries, raspberries and a ripe, silky finish.
62. Izadi Rioja Reserva, Spain
175ml: £6.95 / 250ml: £8.95 / Bottle: £27.50
A rich, aromatic Rioja with red fruit and smoky aromas.