17. Altopiano Montepulciano D’Abruzzo, Italy £19.50
Ruby red with violet reflexes. Small red berry fruits, wild cherry, violets and spice on the palate. Full-bodied, well- structured with soft and balanced tannins
18. Laborie Merlot , South Africa £20.00
Fresh berry and lavender with subtle spice notes make this a truly lovely Rhône-style South African red.
19. McPhersons Wineries Little Rascal Shiraz, Australia £21.50
Deliciously spicy, lively Shiraz, positively zinging with raspberry, strawberry, apple, cranberry & plum fruit flavours. Notes of vanilla with a spicy tang on the finish
20. Finca Beltran Malbec Reserve, Mendoza, Argentina £22.00
Lifted red and black fruits on the nose. The palate is full and fresh, with an appealing, juicy fruit depth and a long, cherry finish.
21. Chateau L’Ermitage, ‘Auzan’ Costieres de Nimes France £24.50
This blend of Syrah, Mourvedre & Grenache is beefy in style with distinctive dark red ripe fruit. Sweet and savoury with notes of black cherry and roasted coffee. Brooding, spicy and warming with a wonderfully smooth palate.
22. Novas Gran Reserva Carmenère Cabernet, Chile £25.50
Organic. A deliciously natural, black, muscular food wine, with a great sense of place. Deep coloured classic blend of Carmenere and Cabernet, reflects dark fruit aromas mixed with soft toasty notes.
23. Domaine Les Roches Bleues Brouilly Reserve, France £27.50
This Gamay Noir shows spice, black pepper, plum and a hint of mint. Delicious lifted forest strawberry fruit and a wonderful elegant finish
24. Bodegas Santiago Rioja Reserva, Spain £28.50
Intense ruby red colour, subtle spicy and vanilla aromas in harmony with red & black fruit. Rounded and velvety with a perfect balance of flavours. The finish is long & delicious
25. Tuatara Bay Pinot Noir Saint Clair, New Zealand £30.50
Perfumes of sun-ripened strawberries and cherries. A fresh, youthful style of wine with a supple structure and juicy fruit on the finish.
26. The Black Craft Shiraz, Barossa, Australia £32.50
Classic Barossa Shiraz with intense savoury flavours of thick blackberry compote, black pepper and typical iron-rich beefy flavours. A serious shiraz for grown-ups with balanced acidity, fine velvety tannins & tremendous length
29. Perez Cruz Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva, Chile £33.50
Double Platinum DWWA & SWA and deservedly so! Intense blackcurrants and eucalyptus on the nose, jammy fruits on the palate with velvety smooth tannins and a long, intense finish.
30. 1300 Malbec Andeluna, Mendoza Argentina £35.50
Silver DWWA. Diverse characters of fruit and flowers with notes of ‘dulce de leche’, vanilla, chocolate given by its ageing in oak barrels. Smooth, balanced and full-bodied with soft tannins.
31. Barolo ‘Flori’ Piemonte, Italy £42.50
Supple & finely structured with a complex nose of plum, mulberry, strawberry & brown spice combined with delicate violet notes. Firm tannins with plump fruit, silky texture and a long finish.
32. Santenay Les Heritiers Saint-Genys, Burgundy, France £48.50
Intense perfume of black cherries. On the palate it is concentrated, with vibrant red fruit character, good weight and a long finish.
33. Domaine Quiot ‘LesArnevels’ Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rhône, France £49.50
Deep crimson in colour with ripe dark berries, hints of pepper and spices on the palate. Smooth & persistent with soft tannins and a heart-warming finish.
34. Domaine Pierre Bouree Gevrey-Chambertin, Burgundy, France £64.00
Concentrated berry fruit with a smoky intensity, fine, ripe tannins and a long, lifted finish.